Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mornington Peninsula Trip

ALOHA~ I am back~

Finally got my internet at home~ So just give a knock on my msn.. anytime.. hehe..

okay.. Let's see.. My housemates and I went to the Mornington Peninsula trip yesterday. It was awesome~

We reached the Sunnyridge Strawberry Farm when it is raining... and so... we get all wet during strawberry picking.. Top to toe.. stepping on the muds.. jeans and shoes dirty.. hehe.. but it was a good experience... and each of us get a punnet of strawberry~

The cafe at the farm make great foods~ Under the recommendation of Joab, I tried this chocolate mud cake. I can assure you.. you will be craving for the second bite if you tried once. That's what really happened. hehe.. is so rich in chocolate.. and is not too sweet til you will jelak type. Oh my God! Where can I find such nice chocolate mud cake back in Malaysia? We also tried their ice-cream, those who scare their strawberry ice-cream taste like medicine should try this. Their strawberry ice cream is a thumb-up; I don't really like their raspberry ice cream though.. And we girls found liquer that we like :P.. the strawberry liquer, which is a dessert type of liquor.. is sweet but not too over.. the strawberry cream liquer tasted like medicine.. others is just normal.


The MUD CAKE~

Ice-cream~

For the sea view, it was spectacular. However, it was freezing cold as well. It was raining, and we were all wet previously.. with the strong winds keep blowing at us.. That's killing~ hehe.. but it was fun.

The legendary incredible nice fish and chips at Rye, we girls found it normal and so so only.. The scallops and calamari ring as well.. hmm.. Think we got better sea food back in Malaysia still.. hehe. The deep fried scallops just reminds me of the scallops I had in Hokkaido.. that was the best scallops I ever had.. argh.. I want to go Hokkaido again~ haha.. should set that as 1 of my goals.. :P

Then we went this place call Sorrento town to walk around. Oh great~ there have nice food here. There is this caffe which make fine food. There are famous for their vanilla slice. It taste something like the cream in the cream puff.. but not exactly like that.. this is very smooth.. not too sweet.. with some crust at the top and bottoms. I think my younger brother will totally love this. haha.. but too bad.. Sorrento is kind of far.. and I duno the way to go.. can't bring back as a souvenior for you though... and we found something interesting here as well.. A road name... Darling Road.. and a friend created a joke for this road name.

Q: house address please
A: Darling

Yes.. you can imagine the rest yourself..


The vanilla slice and us,
but the cameraman is a monkey,
therefore the vanilla slice can't be seen in this photo.

Pinny and the Vanilla slice

2 comments:

冰冰-ping said...

i was searching the vanilla cake when i read the words...
till then oni read ur 2nd line... which the vanilla cake is not "capture" in the pics..!!:|

and back to the icecream..it looks delicious...it must be extremely delicious when it serve on cozy day!

jacklynh88 said...

hey...
finally u've update ur blog..
^^

great to hear that u r doing fine there...
alot of flowers huh..
nect time buy few vases and decorate it with your flowers..
^^