Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Islamey

Brother recommend me to check out this piece through youtube, this guy name Dong Hyek Lim played this piece name Islamey on 15th International Chopin Piano Competition and he get 3rd.

Seriously speaking, this piece is not easy.. is very very difficult to play. I think I can't play half of his standard in my whole life. May be not even quarter.. Really respect whoever who play this piece. Although is very obvious he has mistake here and there.. is still a good one. coz no one can really play that well.



Then, I found another video which play by Lang Lang. Lang Lang is a great pianist from China. Talented.. I still remember one interview, the question was how come he can play so romantic piece by Chopin. He said he would think of his mother. So sweet.. okay. Next, the video of Lang Lang playing the same piece as above.



Although is the same piece, I feel different about it. Of course they are different, because they are different person.. different situation and also I think because of the location. One is in concert hall, another one I think is in some studio. Surely the concert hall will sound better.. I would think is their different interpretation of piece that make it sound different.

I miss playing piano well...coz my finger work is bad, can feel the stiffness of my fingers.. Lack of practice... of course, still can play lar.. but only played the notes correctly is not fun.

Okay. enough of crap.. get back to work.

No comments: